That girl's ticker

baby growth

Monday, June 8, 2009

16 weeks - another month goes by

Can't believe we are now at 16 weeks. I am settling in and starting to enjoy it now. After getting over the problem of the cervical polyp, I've still had some spotting but its all been old brown blood and nothing fresh. It has slowed down a lot now but still there each day.

I have more or less resigned myself to the fact that I am going to be spotting on and off throughout the whole pregnancy. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems, so I guess I just have to ignore it.

More good news this week - my pap smear came back normal. That was a relief as I've had some abnormal ones in the past.

We had a weekend with the family in Melb last week. Everyone is very excited about the new baby. Mum and Dad were telling me about when we were all born. Mum said she had morning sickness for all 6 of us, which I didn't realise. I (the eldest) arrived two weeks early (didn't know that either) and came out after only about 3 hours of labour (did know that one - my mother is legendary for her fast births!). Dad said I didn't cry much but my brother (#2) did. Mum says its a must to have a routine - doesn't matter what it is, just as long as there is one.

We also visited some other friends who have a 12 week old baby. She is a little angel and fell asleep in my arms while we were there. After we left, Lovely husband said he wanted one just like her. I do hope we have a girl for his sake.

I think we've nailed the names now - Zoe, Josephine (after her great grandmother) or Leo, Thomas (after my grandfather) unless we have a last minute change of mind.

We have also started the baby consumer process. The first port of call is a new car and we test drove one yesterday. The short list is a Toyota Aurion, a Mazda 6 or a Skoda Octavia. We are both bored witless by car stuff so it will be good to get that one out of the way.

Not much else going on. My tummy is finally starting to stick out and look a bit more than just 'fat'. Some clothes are still ok, especially with the belly belt but am starting to wear the maternity stuff as well. I discovered that K-mart do maternity clothes and they are really quite nice and very cheap! Think I will swallow my princess shopping tendencies and have a few more trips there. They are literally a third of the price of the stuff in the maternity shops.

It is so nice to be planning for the baby to arrive. Everything we talk about now we think of how it will be with our child included. I am still just so grateful that we got this chance and not a day goes by when I don't realise how lucky we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going well for you. :-D