Sunday, December 27, 2009
The best christmas present ever!!!
On christmas morning, we went in to wake Zoe up for her 10am feed and she was lying in the bassinet gurgling away happily. And then it happened - she looked right at me and gave me a beautiful big smile!
It was just the most wonderful moment ever and I cried with happiness. Its just such a special thing at that moment when she smiles at you in recognition. We had a lovely day - cooked up a turkey, had prawn cocktail and I even made a great pavlova to finish it off. It was a great christmas for the first one as our little family.
This time last year, we were in the two week wait of our second IVF cycle and hoping this would be our lucky time. It wasn't to be, and last new year was one of the saddest times in my life. How things have changed one year down the track. We have our beautiful little girl and a whole lifetime of great things to look forward to.
I really feel for all those people out there trying to get pregnant. Everyone knows christmas is one of the hardest times of year if you haven't got children and want them. I hope everyone can find the strength to keep going along their own TTC road.
As for our new 'Save our sleep' routine, its going well, apart from the self-settling, which is a disaster. Zoe just can't hold herself together enough to get to sleep without constant rocking in our arms, it seems. Today has been particularly bad. She has slept for only two half hour stints since she woke up at 6am this morning. We are telling ourselves its the stage she's at, and by all accounts, things will get better after 12 weeks. I hope so, because too many more days like today would be hard to cope with. She doesn't cry relentlessly but for a fair part of the last 11 hours she has been crying apart from when she's feeding. As lovely husband says, its lucky she can't cry and feed at the same time!
Anyway, we will survive this stage I am sure, as everyone does.
I hope all followers out there have a fantastic christmas and new year.
It was just the most wonderful moment ever and I cried with happiness. Its just such a special thing at that moment when she smiles at you in recognition. We had a lovely day - cooked up a turkey, had prawn cocktail and I even made a great pavlova to finish it off. It was a great christmas for the first one as our little family.
This time last year, we were in the two week wait of our second IVF cycle and hoping this would be our lucky time. It wasn't to be, and last new year was one of the saddest times in my life. How things have changed one year down the track. We have our beautiful little girl and a whole lifetime of great things to look forward to.
I really feel for all those people out there trying to get pregnant. Everyone knows christmas is one of the hardest times of year if you haven't got children and want them. I hope everyone can find the strength to keep going along their own TTC road.
As for our new 'Save our sleep' routine, its going well, apart from the self-settling, which is a disaster. Zoe just can't hold herself together enough to get to sleep without constant rocking in our arms, it seems. Today has been particularly bad. She has slept for only two half hour stints since she woke up at 6am this morning. We are telling ourselves its the stage she's at, and by all accounts, things will get better after 12 weeks. I hope so, because too many more days like today would be hard to cope with. She doesn't cry relentlessly but for a fair part of the last 11 hours she has been crying apart from when she's feeding. As lovely husband says, its lucky she can't cry and feed at the same time!
Anyway, we will survive this stage I am sure, as everyone does.
I hope all followers out there have a fantastic christmas and new year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family too! :)
Post a Comment