That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back into cyberspace

Hello blog. Yes, I am still here. We finally got our internet reconnected in the new house on Friday night. The week I spent without it, it felt like I'd had my arms chopped off. I can't work out whether its a good or bad thing that I am so dependent on the internet.

Anyway, the move to the new house went well, apart from a few unforseen hiccoughs. The main one was that we discovered a gas leak in the new house the day before we moved in. On the advice of a couple of plumbers, we actually completely replaced the gas line with new copper piping. It cost a bomb but we didn't really want to take any chances with something like gas, especially with Zoe around. So we spent the first weekend in the new house with no gas, and hence no hot water or cooking.

The record rainfall for Sydney on the day we moved didn't help much either but at least nothing got very wet, apart from the poor removal men.

So we are now in the new place and its just lovely. Its so nice to be able to do what we want in terms of putting hooks in the walls and so on. There's still loads to do but we are pretty comfortable already and all the boxes have been unpacked and taken away.

Zoe coped so well with the move. I think she actually really enjoyed it because there was so much to look at - blokes rushing around with boxes, lots of paper rustling, and endless trips back and forth between the old and new house in the car.

But now that all the excitement is over, she's come down with another cold. I think she caught it from me, and I caught it from LH. She was very unsettled on Sunday night, so I gave her some Panadol because she felt hot. Then yesterday morning it became obvious that she had a cold. Her little nose was running and her voice, what we can tell of it when she babbles, sounded really husky.

Mum and Dad were visiting for the weekend, so there were lots of people to give her cuddles, since she wasn't interested in much else. Last night she was really hot and the thermometre said her temp was 38 deg C. So we tried to give her some Panadol to bring it down a bit. Unfortunately though, it really aggravated her throat and caused her to cough, which then caused her to vomit everywhere.

We had three goes trying to get the Panadol down her throat but she vomited straight away each time. In the end, we had to give up because we couldn't be sure how much she'd actually swallowed. So we undressed her to cool her down and gave her a bath. After that, her temp was much lower and she had her bottle and went to bed. She actually slept pretty well, apart from waking herself up a few times coughing but she went straight back to sleep each time.

I guess we are in for many more colds in her first winter.

And the other thing that happened last week is that I had my second period post-pregnancy. It came 27 days after the first, not the usual 35 days it used to be before I had Zoe. And it was heavier and without the days of dreaded brown spotting that used to preceed each period before.

I am hoping that the pregnancy has really regulated my periods and I'm also hoping for another similar length cycle this month because that will mean we can move onto our first frozen cycle before we go on holidays in August. Its really exciting thinking that we may try again so soon. I need to get back into the IVF zone and expect failure so I can cope, but I'm just happy that we are soon going to be trying again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear the move went well.