Tuesday, October 12, 2010
At last - Zoe reaches another milestone
I've been a bit worried lately that Zoe hasn't yet learned to pull herself up to standing. According to all my baby books, she should have started to do this around 8-9 months. She has been pulling herself up onto her knees but not to stand. In fact, she really isn't that keen on standing at all so I've been giving her some practice because I was starting to worry.
Anyway, today we were in the park and she was doing her favourite thing - playing with her stroller. She was kneeling and playing with the harness straps and then suddenly she bent one knee and put her foot down, and then straightened the other leg and she was up!
It was pretty precarious and not very graceful but she finally did pull herself up to a sort of a stand - hurrah! Its just so easy to start worrying about her not reaching the developmental milestones. She has reached all of the other ones but that one had me a little worried. Hopefully she will now keep practicing and get the hang of it. I really don't care if she doesn't walk for a while but its good to know she's heading in the right direction.
And I made another discovery today when she decided to shout out loud for no apparent reason when she was in the stroller. I looked down and she looked up and me with her mouth wide open and she's got another tooth - a molar no less! I couldn't believe that this one had popped up without me being aware of it at all. And with much protesting she let me poke my finger in her mouth and lo and behold, she's got another molar on the other side. It isn't properly up yet but I could definitely feel it.
She's almost one now - only a couple of weeks to go. Can't believe it has gone so fast. She's just a delight.
As for the IVF, well I'm feeling a bit down about it at the moment. I've still got some slight spotting from the hysteroscopy last week but its nearly gone. So now I am just waiting for AF to appear and then away we go again.
I'm really just looking forward to getting to the end of it now and moving on. I'm not very hopeful that we will have another baby, but maybe I'll be proved wrong...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have never heard of a girl named Zoe. Seems an unusual name...
Post a Comment