Monday, December 6, 2010
More troubles?
Today I had the second blood test to confirm there wasn't a pregnancy ahead of the endometrial biospy tomorrow.
The one on Friday came back negative so I wasn't surprised that today's one did as well. Unfortunately I had started to feel hopeful about it, based on feeling some stinging at the sides of my breasts, as I did with the first pregnancy. But once again, it was negative. Don't know why I even entertained the idea it might be otherwise really. And it worries me that I was imagining phantom symptoms.
But today we've got another problem. The nurse said my progesterone levels have come right down and my period is probably not far away. I've been feeling all morning that it might be on the way and I've got some almost non-existent spotting.
The nurse said Dr D will go ahead with the biopsy tomorrow if it is just spotting. But if my period starts full-on, then its all off. I was worried this might happen all along, once I knew the biopsy was done on Day 11 after ovulation. My own experience of my cycles is that the luteal phase isn't very long but I thought I would at least make it to Day 12 so we would be ok.
Now it seems this whole cycle might have been wasted, not to mention the $335 that it has cost us. Maybe my period will hold off long enough to get the biopsy done but I'm not very hopeful.
Its just one more blow to our chances of having another baby. How much more of this can I take? I feel like I've been waiting months just for us to have another go at a frozen cycle and here we are delayed yet again.
Anyway, we won't know more until tomorrow but I know my body and my guess is that my period will be in full swing before tomorrow afternoon :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment