Thursday, December 2, 2010
The long slog
I'm wondering whether I've got much more emotional energy to put into IVF. I've been feeling pretty low about it all the last few days and not having much hope we will have baby #2. I know I haven't had that hard a time of it, having only done two stim cycles, two frozens and two cancelled. Some people go through way more.
But I'm dreading another 11 day wait after a transfer, let alone multiple ones. I have to keep focussing on one day at a time and not let the long term bring me down. I'm more sure now that I want to do another stimulated cycle if our two frosties don't take. I think I have to take the approach that my body responds well to stimulation and my age might be less of a factor than it is for other women.
The statistics only tell part of the story when I look at the rates of success for the over 40's. Some women get very few eggs and don't respond well. I'm confident I will respond well again, even though it is two years later and I'm that much older.
Tomorrow I have my next blood test to make sure I did ovulate and that I'm not pregnant ahead of the endometrial biopsy next week. As much as I'd like to think positive about the pregnancy test, its just so unlikely so I'm trying not to think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hang in there:)
I am from Perth, but came over to Sydney in June to see Francesca Naish at the Jocelyn Ctr. Have been on her pre-conception program and the changes in my cycles etc have been great. If natural attempts don't work, I am sure my body is in a better place for starting back with FET's in the NY and another egg collection if needed. Francesca also does a program to support IVF if you are interested. All the best, Hx
Post a Comment