Monday, January 10, 2011
A good omen??
Last week we got another bill for embryo storage fees. It may well be the last one we have to pay. It stated how many embryos were left - two, and when the cycle they came from happened - October 2008. That means that in the last frozen embryo cycle, they must have used the lone remaining embryo from our second stimulated cycle.
I'm not sure how they go about choosing which embryos to thaw for a frozen cycle, but I've got this completely unreasonable hope that the two from the first cycle that Zoe came from, have got a good chance because that cycle has already produced a baby.
There's no reason to think embies from one cycle are any better than another, but maybe it will be good luck for us next time.
I talked to Dr D today and the endometrial biopsy is scheduled for January 27th. She said she'll do it in her office instead of the clinic since its pretty straightforward. This means I should be able to fit the whole thing into my lunch hour and Zoe will be at childcare so I won't have to worry about what to do with her.
The doctor wants to make absolutely sure that things in my uterus have gone back to normal. I haven't had any results from the latest hysteroscopy but there's no need really because they will just show that there was still more retained placenta there.
But fingers crossed, the next biopsy will come up clear. It will be on Day 24 of this cycle and there will be no monitoring. Dr D thinks it very unlikely I will get pregnant naturally at the moment so there won't be any pregnancy test.
I'm ok about this because I do think the chances of conceiving naturally are pretty remote so its no big deal. We will then have to wait a week to get the results and if all is clear, we can get going on the next frozen cycle. I won't be anticipating a good result on the biopsy though - I've been through enough to know that it might not happen.
By the time the results come through, I will be into my next cycle but Dr D said its fine to start the frozen cycle a couple of days in if need be. Not sure how that will work with the oestrogen pills, but I guess they just reset things so maybe I start taking them and that becomes Day 1.
Anyway, its all a way off yet. And it will be about two years to the day that we started our frozen cycle that gave us Zoe - another good omen maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow:-) Hx.
Post a Comment