That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dejected

Today is Day 38 of this cycle and as usual, I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for my period to start so we can get moving on the next frozen cycle. Once again I did a pregnancy test, which of course was negative. I really wasn't expecting it to be positive so I'm not sure why I feel so down.

This morning Zoe and I went to the park for a play date with two mothers from our mothers' group. One of them is pregnant, which is wonderful news but I couldn't help but thinking that it will never be me. My hope for a second baby is at its lowest ebb at the moment. I just think we need so much luck on our side.

Its really tough just wanting something in life and knowing that all the effort, money or time in the world can't make it happen. I still feel absolutely cold about doing another frozen cycle so I think the end of our IVF road is near.

Its frustrating that my ovaries seem to be asleep. Last week I started to get very light spotting and I was sure AF was just around the corner but it wasn't to be. I'm hoping that its just slow and will get started soon, and not that for some reason my lining isn't thickening up and I'm not getting any bleeding at all.

At least with not having it come today, we are past a potential embryo transfer on either a Wed or Thurs work day. If I get through tomorrow, that puts me past it being on a work day at all. But the downside is that we start to run into the time when Lovely husband will be in Singapore for a week. He doesn't actually need to be around but organising babysitters for blood tests and ultrasounds, or the embryo transfer isn't going to be easy. I just have to sit tight and wait to see when it will all play out.

No comments: