Monday, May 30, 2011
Accepting the lack of control
I've been feeling frustrated for the last two days that my period hasn't arrived. But I've been googling today and found that lots of women have delayed cycles after a stimulated IVF cycle. So I don't think there's anything wrong, I just need to be patient.
The problem is it throws all my calculations out of how this end of IVF stuff was going to run. I should know by now that I just can't control it and really need to go with the flow and be flexible. I'd really had it in my head that we would do back-to-back frozen cycles in June and July and then it would all end and we would go overseas on holiday and draw a line under this whole IVF business.
Also, I'd calculated that we would be past the embryo transfer stage by the time LH went to Singapore in June. Now it looks as though that's not going to happen, so we'll just have to manage as best we can. And it may well be that we have to do our last IVF cycle when we get back from Europe in September.
Now that I've accepted things aren't going to turn out how I expected, I feel a lot better. But gosh, I should really be used to relinquishing control over this whole business by now! I think if I called my doctor about the missing period, she'd say I could take birth control pills to get everything going again and it may well come to that.
But actually I've just had enough of drugs and I really just want to let AF come along naturally for a change. I guess I'll have to work out how long I'm prepared to wait before taking drugs to get things moving but for now, I'm working on patience - something us IVFers need in spades!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment