That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

23 weeks and growing fast

Today, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and all is well. I've still had no brown spotting, so that makes 4 days in a row! I am wondering if it's because we aren't having sex at the moment.

The doctor recommended we stop when we got the vasa previa diagnosis, although said it was up to us. So, no more shagging for another 4 months - sigh. I wonder if it was aggravating my cervix and causing some bleeding and now we've stopped, its gone away.

Anyway, I'm just enjoying not having the spotting for a change.

I gained a whole 1kg last week, which is the fastest weight gain I've had all pregnancy. My tummy seems to be expanding before my eyes. To me, it feels really quite large and makes me wonder just how big it will get towards the end.

It now feels like I am carrying quite a heavy weight around with me and I really notice it when I walk. I usually need to slow down after I've been walking for a bit, because it feels like I've got a stitch in my side and the muscles are a bit achy. That's fine and just taking it a bit slower makes it all feel fine again.

Only 10 days to go now until we fly off to the Whitsundays for our week of lying on the beach - can't wait!

No comments: