Friday, July 3, 2009
The second trimester
It has been a big week. The shock of the complications the ultrasound found last Friday is starting to receed and we are slowly coming to terms with the fact that this pregnancy isn't going to turn out the way we expected.
LH and I had a chat about it and we've got a plan on where to go from here. I see the obs again at 24 weeks and we'll take it from there.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to remind myself that I'm in the nicest part of the pregnancy and I need to relax and be calm while I still can.
Physically, I'm feeling fine. Reflux is still bothering me but I think it might be a bit stress aggravated this week and so hopefully if I get myself back into a more calm place, it will improve. I also need to sort something out for work so that I can eat more continuously through the day. Small meals more frequently are supposed to help.
I've also felt sciatica for the first time this week. Actually, having just read an article on the internet, it sounds like it might actually be pelvic girdle pain. It feels like shooting pains down the back of my right butt. Its at its worst when I get out of bed in the morning and comes good the more I move around. I've read up on a few things to try so hopefully that will help. Its not so debilitating that its causing me much trouble yet.
E3 seems to be doing lots of growing at the moment. I've got a very respectable bump and it seems like it is growing before my eyes.
As for E3 moving around, I really am not sure. I feel things sometimes and wonder if its him. I also feel the 'bubbles' sensation a lot, but it feels so much like gas that I just can't be if sure its E3 or not. I also usually 'hear' the bubbles, which is why I think its gas. Anyway, we know he is moving around from the ultrasound so I'm not worried about it at the moment.
So that just leaves the emotions. I am trying to use all the tricks I learned to get through IVF to get myself back on track. One thing that is easier is we can tell everyone about what's happening. With IVF, one of the hardest things is keeping it all to yourself. So I am telling anyone who asks that we've got a complication that means I need a caesarian.
And its only 4 weeks until we go on our holiday and I can't wait to get some sun and rest :-)
LH and I had a chat about it and we've got a plan on where to go from here. I see the obs again at 24 weeks and we'll take it from there.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to remind myself that I'm in the nicest part of the pregnancy and I need to relax and be calm while I still can.
Physically, I'm feeling fine. Reflux is still bothering me but I think it might be a bit stress aggravated this week and so hopefully if I get myself back into a more calm place, it will improve. I also need to sort something out for work so that I can eat more continuously through the day. Small meals more frequently are supposed to help.
I've also felt sciatica for the first time this week. Actually, having just read an article on the internet, it sounds like it might actually be pelvic girdle pain. It feels like shooting pains down the back of my right butt. Its at its worst when I get out of bed in the morning and comes good the more I move around. I've read up on a few things to try so hopefully that will help. Its not so debilitating that its causing me much trouble yet.
E3 seems to be doing lots of growing at the moment. I've got a very respectable bump and it seems like it is growing before my eyes.
As for E3 moving around, I really am not sure. I feel things sometimes and wonder if its him. I also feel the 'bubbles' sensation a lot, but it feels so much like gas that I just can't be if sure its E3 or not. I also usually 'hear' the bubbles, which is why I think its gas. Anyway, we know he is moving around from the ultrasound so I'm not worried about it at the moment.
So that just leaves the emotions. I am trying to use all the tricks I learned to get through IVF to get myself back on track. One thing that is easier is we can tell everyone about what's happening. With IVF, one of the hardest things is keeping it all to yourself. So I am telling anyone who asks that we've got a complication that means I need a caesarian.
And its only 4 weeks until we go on our holiday and I can't wait to get some sun and rest :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment