Sunday, July 26, 2009
Dad gets a kick from E3
From wondering if I would ever feel E3 moving, I am now feeling him move all the time. It's great. The kicks or punches aren't very strong yet but they are definitely not my intestines or some other random thing.
This morning when we were lying in bed, E3 started moving around a bit and I got lovely husband to put his hand on my tummy around where I was feeling the movement. After a couple of minutes, he gave a very definite little kick right at LH's hand!
It was so lovely for him to feel it and it made me feel more certain about it as well. I feel very confident that things are progressing well at the moment. I'm just psyching myself up for the chat with the obs tomorrow about the vasa previa.
We caught up with friends last night who are also pregnant. She is around 35 weeks and will be having a c-section in a few weeks because she has high blood pressure. Its familial and she had it before becoming pregnant, so she wasn't too surprised. But it has continued to rise so a caesar is the way forward.
I am looking forward to spending time with her when our little ones are born.
I got some more good news yesterday from a friend trying for her second child with IVF. On her third blood test, the hCG was rising well, after the doctor being unsure if the pregnancy would be viable from the first two tests, which were low. Now she just has to wait a few more weeks for the heart beat on u/s. I really have my fingers crossed for her because she's had 3 miscarriages already so I hope this is the one.
It did bring back all the worry and fear that accompanies IVF cycles. I remember how we felt waiting to see if E3 had a heart beat. And coping with all the spotting and wondering if it was all over was hard as well. We've come such a long way through so many hard things, and still a long way to go yet. But I am feeling confident that we can deal with whatever happens.
This morning when we were lying in bed, E3 started moving around a bit and I got lovely husband to put his hand on my tummy around where I was feeling the movement. After a couple of minutes, he gave a very definite little kick right at LH's hand!
It was so lovely for him to feel it and it made me feel more certain about it as well. I feel very confident that things are progressing well at the moment. I'm just psyching myself up for the chat with the obs tomorrow about the vasa previa.
We caught up with friends last night who are also pregnant. She is around 35 weeks and will be having a c-section in a few weeks because she has high blood pressure. Its familial and she had it before becoming pregnant, so she wasn't too surprised. But it has continued to rise so a caesar is the way forward.
I am looking forward to spending time with her when our little ones are born.
I got some more good news yesterday from a friend trying for her second child with IVF. On her third blood test, the hCG was rising well, after the doctor being unsure if the pregnancy would be viable from the first two tests, which were low. Now she just has to wait a few more weeks for the heart beat on u/s. I really have my fingers crossed for her because she's had 3 miscarriages already so I hope this is the one.
It did bring back all the worry and fear that accompanies IVF cycles. I remember how we felt waiting to see if E3 had a heart beat. And coping with all the spotting and wondering if it was all over was hard as well. We've come such a long way through so many hard things, and still a long way to go yet. But I am feeling confident that we can deal with whatever happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment