Saturday, July 25, 2009
The fat baby, or the fat mother...
I've gained another whole kg this week. Either E3 is growing gangbusters or I am laying down some serious fat. Its probably both.
I doubt my own weight was helped by being on a course this week where we had cakes and biscuits for morning and afternoon tea every day. Of course my willpower to resist was zero, and everyone kept encouraging me 'cause it doesn't matter if you eat lots of bad stuff when pregnant', right?
Anyway, I do think E3 has grown quite a bit this week. I can really feel the extra weight now when I walk around and especially when I try to roll over in bed. Quite a feat now - requires a bit of manouvering to get over.
Also, I am feeling some very definite movements from E3 now and there are lots of them. Some are like little prods, so momentary and weak that they are gone before I realise. Others are like a 'flickering', which I am guessing is the characteristic butterfly wings flapping that everyone talks about.
In any case, its great to be able to feel the little one moving about. It means I can keep the 'wonder if its still alive' thoughts at bay. I don't get those very often though. Mostly I am feeling quite positive about everything. I even feel we can tackle the vasa previa problem head on and everything will work out ok.
I've got the 5 month obstetrician appointment on Monday. I'm planning to have a more detailed chat about what might happen from here on in so hoping that it all goes ok.
Now only one week to go until we are lying on the beach in QLD in the sun. Can't wait. Last night I also booked a weekend away for our first wedding anniversary, which is the week after we get back from the holiday. It was meant to be when we were away but work wouldn't let me have the time off then.
So we are staying at Lillianfels in the Blue Mountains for the weekend. Its close enough to Sydney that I won't be fretting about things going wrong, but far enough away to feel special. It looks quite swanky. I couldn't resist booking the babymoon package, which throws in some discounts in the spa, but also includes a monogramed baby bathrobe!
Lovely husband thinks I am totally pathetic and described it as the 'perfect storm' of marketing - I judge how good hotels are by whether they have bathrobes, and I can't resist sweet wee little clothes, so its the ultimate combination. But he agreed I could go ahead and book it. Can't wait to see what the baby bathrobe looks like. Lovely husband thinks it will be covered in poo as soon as E3 gets anywhere near it! :-)
I doubt my own weight was helped by being on a course this week where we had cakes and biscuits for morning and afternoon tea every day. Of course my willpower to resist was zero, and everyone kept encouraging me 'cause it doesn't matter if you eat lots of bad stuff when pregnant', right?
Anyway, I do think E3 has grown quite a bit this week. I can really feel the extra weight now when I walk around and especially when I try to roll over in bed. Quite a feat now - requires a bit of manouvering to get over.
Also, I am feeling some very definite movements from E3 now and there are lots of them. Some are like little prods, so momentary and weak that they are gone before I realise. Others are like a 'flickering', which I am guessing is the characteristic butterfly wings flapping that everyone talks about.
In any case, its great to be able to feel the little one moving about. It means I can keep the 'wonder if its still alive' thoughts at bay. I don't get those very often though. Mostly I am feeling quite positive about everything. I even feel we can tackle the vasa previa problem head on and everything will work out ok.
I've got the 5 month obstetrician appointment on Monday. I'm planning to have a more detailed chat about what might happen from here on in so hoping that it all goes ok.
Now only one week to go until we are lying on the beach in QLD in the sun. Can't wait. Last night I also booked a weekend away for our first wedding anniversary, which is the week after we get back from the holiday. It was meant to be when we were away but work wouldn't let me have the time off then.
So we are staying at Lillianfels in the Blue Mountains for the weekend. Its close enough to Sydney that I won't be fretting about things going wrong, but far enough away to feel special. It looks quite swanky. I couldn't resist booking the babymoon package, which throws in some discounts in the spa, but also includes a monogramed baby bathrobe!
Lovely husband thinks I am totally pathetic and described it as the 'perfect storm' of marketing - I judge how good hotels are by whether they have bathrobes, and I can't resist sweet wee little clothes, so its the ultimate combination. But he agreed I could go ahead and book it. Can't wait to see what the baby bathrobe looks like. Lovely husband thinks it will be covered in poo as soon as E3 gets anywhere near it! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment