Tuesday, April 27, 2010
6 months old and raring to go
Zoe was 6 months old on the weekend. Its amazing to think she's already that old and we've come so far. The time has just flown and I am trying to enjoy every minute with her.
I really wish we could preserve her for a while as a 6 month old because she is just so delightful. She smiles and laughs a lot and is very busy checking out anything and everything within her line of vision and within reach of her little hands.
She's rolling over really consistently now and also just starting to try and inch forward on her elbows. She still gets very frustrated when she's on her front and I think it's because she really wants to move forward but can't seem to work out how.
I really think she'll start crawling within the next month, at least commando crawling anyway. I kind of hope she doesn't get moving before we move out of this house because we don't want to have to deal with stair gates and so on if we are soon about to leave.
Today Zoe also had her first graduation. She's now mastered New Shrimps in her swimming class and has graduated up to Shrimps class. I was so proud :-)
We had a lovely week down with my Mum and Dad last week. It was great just to stay home and let them spend lots of time with her. She also saw my sisters and aunts and even the neighbours, who all wanted to come and admire her.
She was incredibly social with everyone. She didn't fret at being held and passed around to everyone at all. The only time she started to throw a wobbly was when Mum was carrying her in the Baby Bjorn. I went back into the house for something and when I came back she saw me and suddenly wondered who was carrying her if it wasn't me. The little lower lip started to tremble but I gave her a cuddle before it turned into a major episode.
She's been a bit cross the last day or so though and I'm not sure why. I've once again got a minor cold and I wonder if she's got it as well, which is why she's out of sorts. Just like at easter though, she doesn't seem to have any symptoms and her temperature is normal.
On another note, I am still waiting for my period to come back. Its now a month since I completely stopped breast feeding and still no sign. I did another pregnancy test just to make sure, but nothing doing. I just wish things would get started again so we can get on with our frozen cycles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Could she be teething?
PS. Congrats on buying your new home!
Post a Comment