Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Family holiday
We're just back from our easter break on the south coast. We had a beach house for 4 days and we had a really lovely time.
We stayed put in the house, only going out for walks along the beach in between rain showers, and a dash to the local town for some formula because I'd forgot to bring enough for Zoe. It was great to have LH take over most of the feeds so I got to have a break from it. He really enjoyed spending time with Zoe, and so did she.
Unfortunately she was quite grizzly and I think it was because she had a cold. I'm not certain this was the problem, but she was sneezing more than usual, she was not her usual cheerful self, and we both had colds as well. So the sum of all of those seems like she was feeling poorly too. I kept measuring her temperature, which was always fine, so we didn't do anything apart from give her lots of cuddles and encourage her to sleep as much as possible.
She's rolling like crazy now. She's very keen to try out her new skill and she usually flips over onto her tummy as soon as she gets on the floor. She's still complaining after a few minutes because she doesn't like it, but not as much.
I am slowly progressing with my first work assignments. I basically try to do as much as I can when Zoe is asleep. Its quite disruptive but then it was disruptive in the office as well, so I'm used to it.
I've got two interviews lined up in the next few days and I'm hoping Zoe will be asleep when they are scheduled. Her routine has been thrown out by daylight saving ending. She woke up at 5.30am instead of 6.30am the last two days. I'm hoping things will revert to normal by the end of the week. The 'Save our Sleep' book had a plan for moving all feeds and sleeps by 20 mins over three days to make the change-over but we didn't manage to follow it, what with long car trips and Zoe being under the weather.
Zoe is doing brilliantly well with the solids now. She eats one portion of rice with some fruit for breakfast, usually one portion of vegs and half a one of fruit for lunch, and a full portion of veg and fruit for dinner. She had some yogurt today and seemed to like it, although she did give her usual funny screwed up face she gives whenever she has something new. Its only for the first mouthful or two though, then she gets on with stuffing her face with it :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is beautiful. I hope she slept during your interviews.
Post a Comment