Friday, April 30, 2010
6 months milestones
Yesterday Zoe had her 6 months check-up at the child health centre. She's doing really well. She weighs 7.5 kg, which is between the 50th and 75th percentile and she's on the 75th for length. It doesn't seem long ago that we were so worried about her weight and she was slipping off the bottom of the chart.
My main question for the nurse was about how much to feed her. She's drinking 4 x 210 ml milk a day and having three solid meals with up to 4 tablespoons of food each time. She looks like she would drink more milk and eat more solids.
The nurse said she was having plenty of milk so give her more solids. I am also going to give her some meat now too - that should fill her up. I think we'll start with some tuna and then she can have whatever we are having for dinner each night.
Everything else seems fine as well. She's doing all the right things for a 6 month old and progressing really well.
Zoe had her 6 month immunisations on Wednesday. As usual, she screamed when the needles went in but this time she screamed for a lot longer afterwards and took ages to calm down. Then when we got home, she really screamed for about 20 minutes and nothing I did could calm her. I'm not sure whether it was her legs hurting where the needle went in or what, but she finally settled down and then she slept fine all night, so she's fine.
Yesterday, the babysitter came to look after her all afternoon. Zoe was still a bit wary of her but soon settled down. L took her for a long walk in the pram and she slept all the way. Then they came home and had a play and a story and she seemed as happy as could be. So I am quite relieved that she is settling in with L. And, I got loads of work done because I wasn't being interrupted all the time.
I'm starting to think about how to manage the return to work now and in all truth I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I've adjusted to this life now and am much happier than I was a few months ago. But I really do want to keep my career ticking along so I think its the right thing to do. I won't be full time so hopefully I'll get the best of both worlds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment