Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Here we go again...
Today I got my prescriptions for the next frozen IVF cycle. I've got my Provera tablets and have started taking them today.
I need to take them for 10 days and then stop to bring on my period. The progesterone will stop it from coming and then the sudden withdrawal brings it on. That's the theory anyway.
I also tried to get the oestrogen pills but the pharmacy couldn't do it so I need to find a compounding pharmacy who will make them up for me. The nearest one recommended by the clinic is in the city, which is a bit inconvenient to get to. Hopefully Lovely Husband can get them for me tomorrow when he goes to work.
Its good to be on the way again, even though the official start of the cycle is still at least 10 days away. I'm hoping that my period will come soon after I stop the Provera but it may take a few days. Then we will start again with the blood tests and ultrasounds when we get back.
With all the stuff going on with IVF, I haven't posted much lately on Zoe's progress. She's just doing so well at the moment. Her appetite is back after all the head colds and I'm now giving her the equivalent of about 4 cubes of food for each meal. Her bowl is almost too small for the amount she's keen to eat! She's also crawling really well now and seems to enjoy getting around, especially following Mummy around.
She pulls herself up on her knees using low tables and things now but hasn't worked out how to get to her feet yet. I think her legs aren't really strong enough to hold her up yet because they fold pretty quickly when I pull her up to a stand. She seems a pretty happy little lady and she's just lovely to spend time with now.
I'm so looking forward to our holiday in England and for her to meet all her english relatives. I can't wait to get away from all this work either, which has been a bit stressful and not what I needed in the last few months before I go back to work proper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How safe is taking estrogen pills. Some say it creates imbalance in hormones.
Hi :) Just a random commenter here, but wanted to say good luck and don't give up! They're definitely worth every ounce of effort :)
All the best,
Cait
Post a Comment