Monday, August 30, 2010
Frozen cycle on track
I realised that I haven't blogged on the latest with this frozen cycle. I had another ultrasound last Wednesday to check how the lining was looking. I had thought I also needed a blood test but the nurse said all was fine on that front, so just a scan was needed.
My lining thickness had gone up to 10mm, which is more than 7 and therefore fine. There was no sign of the fibroid and the space at the top of the lining where the embryo will be transferred looked good.
I am now on 20 mg oestrogen tablets a day, as well as two lots of 100 mg progesterone pessaries in the morning and evening.
I was also given my transfer day, which is this Thursday but no time as yet. It's just such great timing because Zoe will be in childcare that morning, which means we don't have to worry about what to do with her. It also means I can come home and relax and put my feet up after the transfer. This is what I did last time and who knows whether it makes any difference or not?
I am also planning to have before and after transfer acupuncture sessions as I did last time. I also don't know if they made a difference but there are studies to show that it can help with implantation and getting a positive pregnancy test. I haven't been for any more acupuncture lately, mainly because we've been away but also because I got a bit fed up with the acupuncturist.
When he was talking about how it fits in with western medicine and when he said he thought that chemotherapy wasn't much use to cancer patients and hindered rather than helped them, he lost me. Anyway, no harm done and the sessions on Thursday should help me to relax, which is all I want from them.
It's just so much different this time around with the transfer. The big thing that is different is that I know my uterus actually works. It has grown a baby before and I know it can do it again. Its all up to the embryo now. Before we had Zoe, I would always wonder if we kept getting negatives in our IVF cycles because there was something wrong with me but now I know that's not the case. Its just one less thing to worry about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck for this Thursday!
PS. Thanks for the travel tips too!
Post a Comment