That girl's ticker

baby growth

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Where in cycle?

Today I had a 'where in cycle' blood test at the IVF clinic. Yesterday I just made a snap decision to call them and say I was worried my period hadn't showed up. So they suggested we do a blood test to work out what is going on.

I managed the logistics of it ok without Lovely Husband, who is working in Melbourne at the moment. I was only into work about 10 minutes later than usual but I did have to get up at 6am to achieve it. Zoe behaved herself while I was there and seemed very interested in the blood letting process.

Anyway, the best guess of the nurses is that my period will arrive by Monday. My oestrogen is apparently about 200, and needs to be more like 150/100 for it to come and my progesterone is already low at around 1. But the LH is looking weird at 6.7, which is a little high. I only hope it doesn't mean I've somehow bypassed my period and I'm heading into a new cycle.

Once again today I had some light spotting so I'm hoping that things are finally moving at last. Although this will be the third time I've had spotting this cycle and nothing has eventuated so I'm not holding my breath. In any case, I will probably start taking the pill on Monday to make things happen if need be.

I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated but I just feel so utterly tired of all the problems. I just wish for once my body could just do what's needed instead of having to endure all of this endless waiting. Maybe there will be good news tomorrow.

1 comment:

Our Micro-Preemie organization said...

Hi!

I found your blog in a random search, and I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have been going though and IVF cycle myself (just starting my 2nd), and reading your blog has made me feel like I'm not alone.

Thanks for sharing your struggle, and I can't wait to hear how things progress!