Saturday, October 18, 2008
Day 26 - in the TWW purgatory
Today is Day 26 of my cycle and officially 12 days past ovulation. I am really struggling with the two week wait.
I keep expecting to feel some symptoms of early pregnancy but really there is nothing substantial. In fact I feel much better now than I did when I was taking Lucrin and Puregon. The bloating has gone and I feel far less tired.
It is really easy to imagine that tiny symptoms might point to pregnancy. My breasts are larger than normal but they have been since I started taking the progesterone. My temperature is also very high - 37.0 degrees C. This is the highest I've ever had throughout the months of measuring it every day. It was only ever that high when I had a fever or an infection. But again, that is probably due to the progesterone cream.
I also seem to have a hightened sense of smell but it is such a subjective thing that I could easily be imagining it.
I'm determined not to take a home pregnancy test because if I get a positive and it is caused by the leftover hCG injection, then I really will come crashing down if I get a negative blood test on Wednesday.
It is so hard to keep my hopes up, rather I feel that if I don't get them up, the blow of a negative test won't be so bad. I keep trying to console myself with the fact that we have 4 frozen embryos waiting to be transferred if this cycle doesn't work, which is really great.
Lovely husband is thinking about it too, but he's also worried about me obsessing. He keeps advising me to try not to think about it. But that's impossible - I just can't help but think about it. I am better when I am at work because it keeps me busy and distracted but in the evenings, it's hard to resist trawling the TWW websites looking for symtoms.
Only 4 sleeps to go until my blood test. Can't wait for this to be over - one way or the other.
I keep expecting to feel some symptoms of early pregnancy but really there is nothing substantial. In fact I feel much better now than I did when I was taking Lucrin and Puregon. The bloating has gone and I feel far less tired.
It is really easy to imagine that tiny symptoms might point to pregnancy. My breasts are larger than normal but they have been since I started taking the progesterone. My temperature is also very high - 37.0 degrees C. This is the highest I've ever had throughout the months of measuring it every day. It was only ever that high when I had a fever or an infection. But again, that is probably due to the progesterone cream.
I also seem to have a hightened sense of smell but it is such a subjective thing that I could easily be imagining it.
I'm determined not to take a home pregnancy test because if I get a positive and it is caused by the leftover hCG injection, then I really will come crashing down if I get a negative blood test on Wednesday.
It is so hard to keep my hopes up, rather I feel that if I don't get them up, the blow of a negative test won't be so bad. I keep trying to console myself with the fact that we have 4 frozen embryos waiting to be transferred if this cycle doesn't work, which is really great.
Lovely husband is thinking about it too, but he's also worried about me obsessing. He keeps advising me to try not to think about it. But that's impossible - I just can't help but think about it. I am better when I am at work because it keeps me busy and distracted but in the evenings, it's hard to resist trawling the TWW websites looking for symtoms.
Only 4 sleeps to go until my blood test. Can't wait for this to be over - one way or the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment