That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 16 frozen cycle - oestrogen slowly rising

This frozen cycle thing is weird. Just waiting, waiting, waiting for ovulation to happen. As I fully expected, it hasn't happened yet. I had another ultrasound and BT on Day 13 and follicles hadn't done much - slightly fewer and leader was 10mm, and lining 4mm. I suspect the difference from Day 10 was just operator specific.

I had another BT yesterday - Day 15 and oestrogen is apparently rising slowly. It is 538 IU. According to my very helpful website on the menstrual cycle (see fav links), that's about what it should be for someone with a 35 day cycle at this stage. I'm due another BT on Monday - Day 17.

I am being relentless in quashing negative thoughts and feeling sorry for myself at the moment. Its damn hard - I tend to think about TCC about every 5 minutes it seems but pushing the bad stuff away seems to be working.

I've come up with another wee strategy to deal with one kind of common negative thought. Every time I see a pregnant woman, it makes me feel envious and sad that it isn't me (and it seems there are 1000's of them in Sydney at the moment!). But my new take is that they might have gone though IVF, miscarriages and all sorts of other heartache to get there so I should feel happy that they have achieved it. You can't tell by looking at people what they've experienced.

I am also very hopeful that my friend have a positive beta for her first IVF cycle. She has had two miscarriages in the last 6 months and it would be great if she got a positive. I don't want to contact her to ask since I know what the first few days are like if you've just found out the cycle didn't work, so I'm just sitting back and hoping for her at the moment. Perhaps no news is good news in this case.

No comments: