Saturday, February 28, 2009
Day 22 frozen cycle - transfer tomorrow
Yes, we have lift-off. My body is behaving itself very nicely. This morning's blood test confirmed that ovulation did in fact happen and we are all ready for a transfer of two frosties tomorrow morning.
I've got before and after acupuncture sessions booked and I'll be spending the rest of the day on the sofa doing very little.
I am feeling quite confident today. I am swinging between trying to quash it down because of the 20% chance thing and just riding the wave because its nice to feel positive for a change. I had an acupuncture session today and it was lovely. He put a needle between my eyes, which is supposed to help with stress and I really can feel that all the tension I had in my forehead has gone. I still struggle to believe in the whole meridiens and stuff but who knows - it can't do any harm at least.
I am trying to prepare myself for not so good news on the frozen embryo front. We were unprepared to hear that our embryos weren't great last time, so I am trying to not have that news be a body blow this time, and perhaps we'll have a couple of lovely-looking ones.
Last night lovely husband and I watched the first part of 'The human body' DVD. It was made about 10 years ago by the BBC and was a seminal work at the time but it is still pretty amazing. If the graphics and animations have improved in the last 10 years they must be pretty incredible by now.
Of course we were very interested in the conception and birth sequences. The fertilisation part was amazing. I hadn't realised that the fallopian tubes are filled with hills and valleys and the egg sits in them, waiting for the sperm to find it. Robert Winston, the presenter, kept talking about how amazing it was that babies are born at all considering what has to happen for it to work.
The pregnancy part was of course amazing as well. I hadn't realised that the reason our pelvises haven't evolved to be any wider is that if they were, we wouldn't be able to walk around and would need to go back to all fours. He said the baby would ideally need to stay in the womb for another 12 months until its brain was properly formed but it can't because otherwise the head won't get past the pelvis. Trully amazing. And I also hadn't realised that the mother's spine tips backwards and bends to accomodate the baby.
They followed the couple thought to birth, which is always amazing to see. I was in tears - not sure why but I think just because it is such an amazing process. Lovely husband asked was I scared about it, but in all honesty I still feel that it is such a theoretical possibility that I will ever go through it, that I don't think about giving birth at all these days. Lovely husband though was scared about how much pain I will grow through to give birth. I realised for the first time that he actually has more hope we will succeed than I do, and I hadn't realised that before. Its kind of encouraging.
Anyway, here's to a very relaxing weekend and a good transfer.
I've got before and after acupuncture sessions booked and I'll be spending the rest of the day on the sofa doing very little.
I am feeling quite confident today. I am swinging between trying to quash it down because of the 20% chance thing and just riding the wave because its nice to feel positive for a change. I had an acupuncture session today and it was lovely. He put a needle between my eyes, which is supposed to help with stress and I really can feel that all the tension I had in my forehead has gone. I still struggle to believe in the whole meridiens and stuff but who knows - it can't do any harm at least.
I am trying to prepare myself for not so good news on the frozen embryo front. We were unprepared to hear that our embryos weren't great last time, so I am trying to not have that news be a body blow this time, and perhaps we'll have a couple of lovely-looking ones.
Last night lovely husband and I watched the first part of 'The human body' DVD. It was made about 10 years ago by the BBC and was a seminal work at the time but it is still pretty amazing. If the graphics and animations have improved in the last 10 years they must be pretty incredible by now.
Of course we were very interested in the conception and birth sequences. The fertilisation part was amazing. I hadn't realised that the fallopian tubes are filled with hills and valleys and the egg sits in them, waiting for the sperm to find it. Robert Winston, the presenter, kept talking about how amazing it was that babies are born at all considering what has to happen for it to work.
The pregnancy part was of course amazing as well. I hadn't realised that the reason our pelvises haven't evolved to be any wider is that if they were, we wouldn't be able to walk around and would need to go back to all fours. He said the baby would ideally need to stay in the womb for another 12 months until its brain was properly formed but it can't because otherwise the head won't get past the pelvis. Trully amazing. And I also hadn't realised that the mother's spine tips backwards and bends to accomodate the baby.
They followed the couple thought to birth, which is always amazing to see. I was in tears - not sure why but I think just because it is such an amazing process. Lovely husband asked was I scared about it, but in all honesty I still feel that it is such a theoretical possibility that I will ever go through it, that I don't think about giving birth at all these days. Lovely husband though was scared about how much pain I will grow through to give birth. I realised for the first time that he actually has more hope we will succeed than I do, and I hadn't realised that before. Its kind of encouraging.
Anyway, here's to a very relaxing weekend and a good transfer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment