Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Waiting for frozen cycle transfer
All's well today. I was busy at work today, which always helps me forget about the ever present TTC. I am also being very disciplined in pushing away my constant thoughts about all things conception. It seems to be working.
I am also trying a few old wives tales to help with implantation. I don't seriously believe they will work but they won't do any harm and it helps me to be doing something that might help things along. So I am eating lots of pineapple and putting a hot water bottle on my abdomen.
First the pineapple. Apparently it has something in it called bromelain, which causes the blood to thin and thus helps with blood flow to the uterus. It kind of has the same effects as baby aspirin I expect, although much, much less potent. A search of the medical publications doesn't bring up anything of course, so there's no evidence base to it whatsoever. But hey, I like pineapple and it won't do me any harm.
And the hot water bottle - also supposed to help blood flow to the uterus. Seems reasonable but who knows if it will help with building up my endometrium. But again, can't hurt, feels kind of nice and comforting, so no harm done.
I am also keeping my expectations low for this cycle. Thoughts are already focused on the next stimming cycle, which we will go straight into after this frozen one. It will help that there will be no 'month off', which I have found very difficult in this process.
Another day passes.
I am also trying a few old wives tales to help with implantation. I don't seriously believe they will work but they won't do any harm and it helps me to be doing something that might help things along. So I am eating lots of pineapple and putting a hot water bottle on my abdomen.
First the pineapple. Apparently it has something in it called bromelain, which causes the blood to thin and thus helps with blood flow to the uterus. It kind of has the same effects as baby aspirin I expect, although much, much less potent. A search of the medical publications doesn't bring up anything of course, so there's no evidence base to it whatsoever. But hey, I like pineapple and it won't do me any harm.
And the hot water bottle - also supposed to help blood flow to the uterus. Seems reasonable but who knows if it will help with building up my endometrium. But again, can't hurt, feels kind of nice and comforting, so no harm done.
I am also keeping my expectations low for this cycle. Thoughts are already focused on the next stimming cycle, which we will go straight into after this frozen one. It will help that there will be no 'month off', which I have found very difficult in this process.
Another day passes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment