Monday, March 29, 2010
Back to work and another milestone
Today I became a 'working mother'. Only in a small way - I've started some freelance work for my company. I'm starting out very slowly with a manageable first deadline of May 10. I think I can achieve it.
This morning I got stuck in and it felt good to be working again. I hope I can fit it in around Zoe's schedule but I'll get babysitting help if I need it. We've found two girls that we think will be good to look after Zoe occasionally and I feel that we've done everything we can to make sure we made the right choice.
And Zoe reached another milestone yesterday - she rolled from back to front. She's been trying to get over for about a week now and yesterday she finally managed it. I think she was a bit startled to find she'd achieved it. The only problem is that after a while of looking at things from the tummy view, she gets tired and her arms won't hold her up any longer. She flops forward and then she gets upset.
I keep telling her to roll back over if she doesn't like it but she doesn't seem to understand :-) Its not like she doesn't know how - she mastered tummy to back rolling weeks ago. I guess she'll get the hang of it soon, and in the meantime Mummy is always around to tip her back over.
She's also going great guns with the solids. She's having rice cereal mixed with apple for breakfast, carrot for lunch and then apple for dinner. She's having a potion of each, which is about 2 tablespoons.
I'm not entirely sure how much I'm supposed to give her. She would certainly take more of the rice cereal and apple - she just loves them. I think it is possible to overfeed babies on solids, so I need to find out how much is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment