That girl's ticker

baby growth

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pregnant until proven otherwise...again

This morning we had our embryo transfer for this cycle and it went extremely smoothly.

I took Zoe to childcare and then got the train back into the city to go for my pre-transfer acupuncture. It was really relaxing and by the time I got to the clinic, I was feeling very calm.

The transfer itself went really well. The scientist told us our embryo had been thawed last night and had grown well overnight so we were good to go. I managed to get my bladder fairly full without being in agony to pee for ages this time, so I am getting better at it :-)

When we saw the embryo - E5, on the screen, the scientist pointed out that it was in the process of hatching. One side had burst open and she also showed us the inner bit that forms the foetus.

The transfer itself was really straightforward. I'm not sure if it was because I was so relaxed but I didn't feel any cramping at all, and only a slight sting as the catheter went in. Dr D said my lining was nice and thick so it all looked good.

Then it was back for another acupuncture session and now I'm back home and planning to spend the afternoon lying on the sofa watching DVDs.

I feel really optimistic about this cycle, although I need to remind myself that 5 other embryos we have transferred so far have not gone on to become babies. But it all looks good, so I'm just going to enjoy feeling positive.

And this time around, I won't be analysing every tiny twinge as a possible pregnancy symptom because I now really do know that its just too early to experience any. And finally, I won't be worrying that there's something wrong with me and that I can't grow a baby. I know I can, and now its all up to the embryo to do its stuff.

No comments: