Friday, November 12, 2010
And so to the next step
Well my period finally arrived. It actually didn't take too long - about 5 weeks since stopping the oestrogen tablets. I must have ovulated exactly when I thought I did as well. This is very reassuring and makes me think maybe we can go for an unmedicated frozen cycle once we get moving again.
So now I am on the endometrial biopsy cycle - something new! The idea is that they will be tracking ovulation with blood tests and then the biopsy will be scheduled for 11 days after ovulation. There's at least one more blood test before the biopsy to make sure I'm not pregnant.
Its going to be an interesting cycle because it means that I will know exactly when I ovulate from the blood tests so LH and I can try to get pregnant the 'old-fashioned' way. There's little chance of that, but we take every opportunity.
The first blood test is next Friday and knowing me, there will be about a week of them until I ovulate. I feel a bit less anxious now that we are going again. I've been struggling to deal with the waiting and worrying lately. The one concern I've got is that the biopsy will show there's still inflammation in the lining, which will mean more waiting but I'll deal with that if and when we come to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment