That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 14 - business as usual

Yesterday I had my second blood test for this endometrial biopsy cycle. As usual, things are progressing slowly. I have to go for my next BT on Thursday. From past experience, I don't usually ovulate until Day 18 or later and since today is only Day 14, we've got a way to go yet.

But the last time I was being monitored for ovulation was for my first frozen cycle back after pregnancy and it ended up being cancelled because my oestrogen levels just kept dropping away. Hopefully that won' t happen this time.

LH and I had a discussion about our next frozen cycle and we decided we want to go ahead with it straight away so we will plough on with it through christmas and new year if we have to. I am just finding the endless delays and waiting really frustrating and stressful so we just want to get it over and done with as soon as we can.

Other mildly bad news today is that LH is about to be staffed on another interstate case. We've had such a good run - he's been working in Sydney all year. It had to end sometime I guess. The upside is that since I finish work for the year on Dec 10, Zoe and I might spend a few days in Brisbane with him for a change of scenery.

At the moment, I am trying to just take one day at a time and enjoy this lovely weather we are having. Its so nice to not be working every day at this time of year.

1 comment:

B. said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment. There's an impressive lack of info out there on when one's AF returns once we stop breastfeeding, so it really helps to hear from a real person.

By the way, I am strictly avoiding all the stats concerning my age (I'm not far behind you) and reproductive success. As long as the odds are better than zero, there's a chance, right? Focus on that. If you want to try, then try and don't let the statistics convince you otherwise. Good luck!