That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, April 12, 2009

8.5 weeks, not much happening

Today I've gone back to worry mode. I've been ever so positive the last week or so, but today I just wonder if our little baby is still ok. I have no reason for my fears. I've just been googling the chances of miscarrying after hearing a heartbeat and it seems like its about 5-10%.

That has made me feel a bit better. That's a 90% chance that everything will be ok. The sum total of my pregnancy symptoms as follows:

1. Nausea - absolutely absent; looks like I am one of the lucky ones
2. Tired - yes, fell asleep on the sofa on Friday
3. Hungry - not so much anymore but the last week or so I've gained 1kg, which is probably too much at this stage
4. Constipation - starting to kick in; very noticable since I never suffer from it but not very annoying at this stage
5. Extra peeing - haven't been noticing this very much; am getting up to go to the loo some nights but not others
6. Breasts - much, much fuller, blue veins running across them now and nipples a bit darker and much more prominent

Its been a lovely weekend. We had friends over for dinner on Fri night and told them about the pregnancy. They leave to go back and live in England soon so we figured it was ok to tell them since they won't be around when we annouce it to the rest of the world.

Yesterday, we went shopping and then to see a play at the Opera house. It was very good although I struggled to stay awake. Today we are planning a walk in the Royal National Park. I am keen to get as much exercise as possible while I still can. Its been lovely kicking around home for easter and taking it easy. We are off to England for a week in just over a week, so that will be quite tiring.

No comments: