Monday, April 6, 2009
Goodbye IF specialist, hello obstetrician
Today I am nearly 8 weeks pregnant. Dr D called today to follow up on the ultrasound results from Friday. She said all was looking fine, and for once, I had absolutely no questions! I think I might have been one of those slightly annoying patients that always had 1000's of questions every time I spoke to her but this time, there was nothing to say.
Everything looks great with our baby. She will now be forwarding all of my test results to my obstetrician, Dr. I.
It feels weird to be parting from Dr D after all this time. We first met her in July last year and its been rollercoaster ride since then. I thanked her for all her help - not sure what the etiquette is with thanking drs? They are just doing their job but it seems right to thank her for everything she's done for us. She asked me to send baby photos and I said we'd be seeing her some time in the future to transfer our other frostie embryos.
As for the pregnancy, I still keep having to pinch myself to make sure its real and if I've said it once, I've said it to LH a 1000 times - 'I just don't feel pregnant!'.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. At nearly 8 weeks I still don't have any nausea. Just a bit of reflux at night after dinner but nothing I would call actual nausea. I am tired though, and have taken to having an afternoon 'nana' nap in the afternoon on the weekend. Pity I can't do it during the week as well ;-)
The so-called spotting is still kind of there, but now its more like slightly beige thick cervical mucous, much like in the early part of my cycle. It doesn't bother me anymore.
I did have fun on the weekend winding up LH with reasons why I couldn't cook dinner/put out the washing/unload the dishwasher being due to my 'confinement' (cue back of hand to fevered brow). Actually I'm completely fine, but it was a good excuse to get him to do stuff around the house. Actually, LH is a very, very happy husband and this makes me even more happy than I am already.
Everything looks great with our baby. She will now be forwarding all of my test results to my obstetrician, Dr. I.
It feels weird to be parting from Dr D after all this time. We first met her in July last year and its been rollercoaster ride since then. I thanked her for all her help - not sure what the etiquette is with thanking drs? They are just doing their job but it seems right to thank her for everything she's done for us. She asked me to send baby photos and I said we'd be seeing her some time in the future to transfer our other frostie embryos.
As for the pregnancy, I still keep having to pinch myself to make sure its real and if I've said it once, I've said it to LH a 1000 times - 'I just don't feel pregnant!'.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. At nearly 8 weeks I still don't have any nausea. Just a bit of reflux at night after dinner but nothing I would call actual nausea. I am tired though, and have taken to having an afternoon 'nana' nap in the afternoon on the weekend. Pity I can't do it during the week as well ;-)
The so-called spotting is still kind of there, but now its more like slightly beige thick cervical mucous, much like in the early part of my cycle. It doesn't bother me anymore.
I did have fun on the weekend winding up LH with reasons why I couldn't cook dinner/put out the washing/unload the dishwasher being due to my 'confinement' (cue back of hand to fevered brow). Actually I'm completely fine, but it was a good excuse to get him to do stuff around the house. Actually, LH is a very, very happy husband and this makes me even more happy than I am already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment