That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, April 18, 2009

9 weeks and boobs getting bigger

Well, lovely husband has been noticing the welcoming change in my breasts, that's for sure. Never on the big side, they just had another growth spurt this week. The soreness of a few weeks ago had gone but it came back again this week and they seemed to get quite a bit bigger. They aren't really painful though, only when I press on certain spots.

Not many other pregnancy symptoms to report. I've felt some very slight crampy feelings on and off the last few days but I don't think they are a worry. They are so mild, I'm sure its just ligaments stretching as the uterus grows. The constipation is still there though but not really a worry just yet. I'm sure it will get much worse before it gets better.

I also don't feel as tired or as hungry. I think my body must be adapting to the pregnancy. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. I'm feeling pretty confident these days and I'm hanging on tight to that feeling.

I have my first obstetrician appointment on Monday, which I am looking forward to. I hope this guy turns out to be ok otherwise I'll have to try and find another one. I also need to sort out the genetic testing very soon. I'm a bit scared about it and don't really know how I will cope if it turns out our baby does have Down's syndrome. But the way I am thinking about it, is that there is a 1 in 80 chance of a Down's baby at my age. So if there are 80 pregnant 40+ year old women in a room, only one of them is carrying a Down's baby. That's a pretty low chance so I'm not too worried.

I have been reflecting on all we went through to get to this point. Looking back, the IVF road was incredibly emotionally and mentally traumatic but it very worth it. The stress and emotional devasatation we went through is starting to fade from the memory now. I know we will have to revisit in the future some time when we try for another baby, but I guess what doesn't break you, makes you stronger.

I just feel so lucky that we succeeded in getting pregnant and I really feel for all those women out there who are still plodding through the process, hoping for the ultimate success. If any of you are reading this, keep hanging in there. Its so hard but so worth it.

No comments: