That girl's ticker

baby growth

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

11 weeks and all is well....

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement last week. It was so lovely to see there is support out there.

We've reached the 11 week milestone and no more bleeding. It stopped on the morning we had the ultrasound and there's been no more since, apart from some brown spotting.

We did decide to go to England in the end because I was feeling fine. At no stage did I have any pain or cramps so I felt confident that everything would be ok. We left last Thursday afternoon and flew back in this morning.

We had a wonderful time seeing Lovely husband's family and going to the cousin's wedding. We stayed in a converted barn in Derbyshire and just spent time with the family. It took a few days for the nervousness of the threatened miscarriage to go away, and every visit to the toilet was pretty nerve-wracking. But whatever caused the bleeding seems to have completely disappeared.

My own theory is that it came from the cervix. I wonder if the earlier brown spotting was from a bleed in the cervix and for some reason last week a clot broke free and caused fresh bleeding. There is still a clot present in the cervix which might come out at some stage, but maybe just as slow, light spotting.

Anyway, we've survived yet again. Only two more weeks now until we reach the magical 13 weeks where the chances of miscarriage become very small.

We told all of Adam's family and also some of our friends about the pregnancy. I really hope we haven't jumped in too soon before we are sure everything will be ok. Naturally all the family were just overjoyed about the news. Its so nice to share it with everyone. It makes me realise that this baby is not just about us, its going to be part of a wider family.

None of my family know yet and I am really looking forward to telling them in a couple of weeks. I think they are pretty much resigned to me not being able to have children because of my age. I didn't correct this because it may have turned out to be true and so they will be so happy when they hear we can in fact have our own child.

I've spend the day at home rather than going to work today because I came down with a dreadful head cold on the plane. All the hosties were looking at me suspiciously as I sneezed my way through the flight, wondering if they had a swine flu case on board. But I'm pretty sure its just a head cold. I've been asleep most of the day and feel much better now. I decided this morning not to be a hero by going to work to suffer through it. I need to stay healthy and well for the baby, so nothing to be gained by toughing it out through a cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are going well, and that the bleeding has stopped. 2 more weeks until week 13! That is very exciting. :-D