Wednesday, August 19, 2009
27 weeks
I am 27 weeks pregnant today and into the last trimester - yay!! I am still feeling fine and E3 seems to be ok as well. I am getting lots of movement at the start and end of each day when I am lying in bed. I also get some random kicks during the day when I've been sitting at my desk for a while.
According to the baby books, E3 should weigh about 950g at this stage. We will find out how he is doing on Friday at the ultrasound.
Yesterday I was feeling really down. I just felt very weighed down with all the problems we've had to deal with getting pregnant and then during the pregnancy. The IVF, the bleeding in the first trimester, the shock of the vasa previa and now the spectre of the long hospital stay. I just need to remember to stay focused on just one day at a time, rather than thinking about the longer term so I don't get overwhelmed.
This is how its turned out for us and there's no point in wishing for it to have been easier. I found myself telling Lovely Husband on the weekend that I love E3, and I really feel like I do. Its not very hard to become bonded to the little person growing away in there. It just made my heart hurt for LH when he said he can't think about whether he loves E3 or not, because he wants to wait until its all over and E3 is out of me and alive.
I understand that he feels this way and I just wish it could be different - more joyful and less terrifying. He says he won't feel completely at ease until he hears E3 cry for the first time. Only about 10 more weeks until we reach that point and it can't come fast enough.
According to the baby books, E3 should weigh about 950g at this stage. We will find out how he is doing on Friday at the ultrasound.
Yesterday I was feeling really down. I just felt very weighed down with all the problems we've had to deal with getting pregnant and then during the pregnancy. The IVF, the bleeding in the first trimester, the shock of the vasa previa and now the spectre of the long hospital stay. I just need to remember to stay focused on just one day at a time, rather than thinking about the longer term so I don't get overwhelmed.
This is how its turned out for us and there's no point in wishing for it to have been easier. I found myself telling Lovely Husband on the weekend that I love E3, and I really feel like I do. Its not very hard to become bonded to the little person growing away in there. It just made my heart hurt for LH when he said he can't think about whether he loves E3 or not, because he wants to wait until its all over and E3 is out of me and alive.
I understand that he feels this way and I just wish it could be different - more joyful and less terrifying. He says he won't feel completely at ease until he hears E3 cry for the first time. Only about 10 more weeks until we reach that point and it can't come fast enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment