That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A fantastic babymoon

We got back from the babymoon holiday yesterday. We had a wonderful time. The weather was a bit on the cool side at first but it warmed up as the week went on. We were able to do some nice gentle bush walks around the resort and also had a snorkelling trip out on the reef, which was lovely.

The resort itself was really nice - very quiet and not much to do, just as we wanted. We spent most days lying around by the pool and reading, and in bed by 9.30 every night - bliss!

I feel as fit and healthy as I have ever done at the moment. My skin looks great, I don't feel tired and I don't have any of the usual winter colds and sniffles. LH even got another cold this week and was snuffling away but I still didn't catch it.

E3 is also doing well. I feel him each day now, usually when I'm lying in bed in the morning or at the end of the day. His kicks seem to be getting more powerful now. It is very reassuring to feel him kicking so that I know he is still breathing and doing well.

My tummy continues to expand and I really just can't comprehend how big it will be by the end of the pregnancy. I already look like I swallowed a basketball. The bump is all out in front and very round.

My weight keeps going up, another 0.8kg gained this week. That was probably partly the gourmet a la carte diet I've been on at the resort for a week. We ate restaurant meals 3 times a day because there wasn't any other option, so I've been eating very well.

LH has gone off to see some work friends running in the City to Surf today but he really didn't want me to go, since there will be big crowds and thus a swine flu risk. I was ok with that but it would have been nice to go. I will try to keep avoiding crowds for the next month or so until the flu season winds down.

I now only have between 5 and 7 weeks left before I go into hospital. I plan to be as relaxed as possible and also make sure everything is ready for E3's arrival. I am coping better with the vasa previa scariness now. Something could still go wrong in the coming weeks but I will be very close to hospital both at home and at work and hopefully an emergency dash won't be necessary.

In two weeks we have the next ultrasound so it will be interesting to see how things are looking then.

No comments: