That girl's ticker

baby growth

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I like being pregnant

Yes, despite all the trials and tribulations we've experienced during this pregnancy, I still like being pregnant. Having the big bump out front hasn't bothered me yet and I've been mainly spared the usual pregnancy annoyances (apart from the bleeding and spotting of course).

I had no nausea at all, still can't see any varicose veins or stretch marks, heartburn is bearable and I'm getting lots of uninterrupted sleep.

Of course this may all be famous last words as I head into the last trimester but I think I've been lucky (apart from the VP of course).

Next week we have the next ultrasound, at 27 weeks and I can't wait to see how E3 has progressed since 19 weeks. I can't help but think he is a 'bigun' because my tummy just seems to have grown so fast. I've read somewhere that one of the best predictors of birth weight is the mother's own birth weight. I was about 8 lb 6 oz I think so perhaps E3 will take after me. I am hoping he will stay in long enough to perhaps make it to 6.5 lbs but I guess as long as he is born healthy, that's all we need to worry about.

E3 is still moving around loads and doing lots of kicking and punching. Its really reassuring and just makes me smile every time he does it.

I've become very interested in looking at You Tube clips of newborn babies. LH says its a bit like the equivalent of looking at porn, but they are just so cute I can't resist.

No comments: