Friday, August 28, 2009
Cervix holding steady
I've just got back from my ultrasound appointment today. I was hoping for no change or maybe prospects a little better.
The good news is that the cervix is holding steady and hasn't shortened since last week. It's at 16 mm. The best news is that it is no longer dynamic. Last week it was opening and closing from 14 to 19 mm but this week it is firmly closed.
The doctor said this was good news, and I feel better about things now as well. Perhaps the couch potato lifestyle helped it to firm up a bit. The ultrasound specialist called my obs to relay the results and he said to keep doing more of the same - ie. stay at home, don't move around and keep resting.
I've got an appointment with him on Monday to talk about what happens next.
The foetal vein that connects my two placentas is still nowhere near the cervix. This is also good news to just have it confirmed for sure once again.
And as always its so lovely to see E3 up on the screen again. He is continuing to grow really well, now in the 78 percentile for growth and estimated weight about 1.4 kg. Hopefully that's because he is growing really well and not because I've got gestational diabetes! We will know on Monday.
The sonographer did another really thorough check on all his organs and there are no issues whatever that she could find - its very reassuring.
I had a bad night's sleep last night, anticipating how things would go today so I'm glad its over and I feel more positive now. I am still ready to spring into action to get to the hospital as fast as possible if I have any leaking of amniotic fluid or contractions but I feel we are ready to do what we need to if that happens.
The good news is that the cervix is holding steady and hasn't shortened since last week. It's at 16 mm. The best news is that it is no longer dynamic. Last week it was opening and closing from 14 to 19 mm but this week it is firmly closed.
The doctor said this was good news, and I feel better about things now as well. Perhaps the couch potato lifestyle helped it to firm up a bit. The ultrasound specialist called my obs to relay the results and he said to keep doing more of the same - ie. stay at home, don't move around and keep resting.
I've got an appointment with him on Monday to talk about what happens next.
The foetal vein that connects my two placentas is still nowhere near the cervix. This is also good news to just have it confirmed for sure once again.
And as always its so lovely to see E3 up on the screen again. He is continuing to grow really well, now in the 78 percentile for growth and estimated weight about 1.4 kg. Hopefully that's because he is growing really well and not because I've got gestational diabetes! We will know on Monday.
The sonographer did another really thorough check on all his organs and there are no issues whatever that she could find - its very reassuring.
I had a bad night's sleep last night, anticipating how things would go today so I'm glad its over and I feel more positive now. I am still ready to spring into action to get to the hospital as fast as possible if I have any leaking of amniotic fluid or contractions but I feel we are ready to do what we need to if that happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment