That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, May 15, 2010

At last - my period has come back!

Yesterday, I had my first period since being pregnant. It was so nice and I don't think I've ever been so happy for it to arrive. It was funny that I'd posted on wishing it would happen not one day before, and I even had a dream about it the night before.

This is probably TMI, but the excitement was tempered by the fact that it was almost non-existent. It was so light and didn't last long. Maybe the flow will get started property today. Anyway, it shows that something is going on. Hopefully I'll have another one in a month and things will be more back to normal.

But it does mean that I won't be ready for our frozen IVF cycles until at least August. That's when we go to the UK to stay with LH's family, so it probably means September at the earliest, which is just when I am hopefully planning to go back to work - not great timing.

Anyway, at least there's some action from my ovaries. Its almost like they have been asleep for 14 months and now they have finally woken up. It also made me glad I did stop breastfeeding to get things moving again. I was beginning to think it had been a waste of time and I should have just kept breastfeeding Zoe anyway.

1 comment:

Just said...

Congratulations on baby Zoe, and good luck on your next one! My friend has just gotten pregnant after a long time trying. They are such a blessing.