Thursday, May 13, 2010
Waiting, waiting, waiting...
...for AF to arrive.
I've been cleaning out things this morning in preparation for the move. I came across a folder with all of the clinical papers about IVF that I'd printed out in the last two years, trying to figure out what our chances were of succeeding.
That prompted me to look back over some of the old posts when we were in the midst of the IVF cycles. It really brought it all back to me - the see-sawing emotions, the grasping at any small positive sign that things might work for us, and the rock bottom pits I sunk into on a regular basis.
Hopefully it won't be so hard second time around. I am getting more and more resigned to the idea of a one-child family and friends have been pointing out the advantages for Zoe - more attention from us, more independence for her and so on.
Anyway, here I sit just waiting for my cycle to get back to normal and wondering when it will happen. My GP the other week said it can take anything up to 6 months after stopping breastfeeding for things to return to normal, so I guess I shouldn't worry until at least September.
And of course, there's always the miniscule chance that I could actually be pregnant. I am trying to be very disciplined and not do a pregnancy test every week. So the last one was about two weeks ago and I am determined to wait a month before I do another one.
Overall though, I'm keeping busy with work and organising our move so that's keeping me from dwelling on conceiving another baby too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment