Saturday, May 22, 2010
The beginnings of crawling
Zoe is slowly but surely getting ready to crawl. When I put her down on her mat, she rolls over and moves quite a way from where she started. She does it by pivoting around on her tummy.
There's still lots of the 'flying baby' exercise where she rests on her tummy and waves her arms and legs around frantically. This must really be working her tummy muscles hard because we do a similar exercise in my pilates class and its really hard on the abs!
Today, we've noticed that she's just starting to get up on her knees. She only does it for a few moments and then flops back down but it seems that it won't be long before she's up and away. I hope it won't happen before we move house in two weeks. I think she won't master the crawling before then, but LH isn't so sure.
We are all ready to move now. We've had a massive clean-up and thrown out loads of stuff so that we don't find ourselves carting lots of rubbish we don't need to our new house. I can't wait to move in and be in our own place.
The thing I'm not looking forward to is the cold. The new house doesn't have any heating and we are well and truly in the throes of winter in Sydney now, such as it is. Some mornings are around 12 degrees C and then yesterday it was so warm in the park I needed to take my jumper off.
I've been doing a bit more freelance work again this week and it has gone off without a hitch. I'm getting more confident I can handle it now alongside looking after Zoe. She will be 7 months old on Monday and once again I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. I wish we could stall her at this age for a while because she is just delightful - lots of smiles, chatting and she's generally very happy with life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment