Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Pre-IVF #2 -a down day
Today I've been feeling sad. No reason in particular, just sad. I had a reasonable day at work but have to work on Saturday, which is a real downer since I could otherwise be at the races with lovely husband at his corporate work function. Instead I will be sitting in a lecture theatre with a load of doctors. Oh well, mustn't grumble, as LH would say.
I was also feeling sad about spending my birthday without lovely husband on Monday but I've just spoken to him on the phone interstate and he says that he will in fact be here on Monday for my birthday, so that has made me feel a lot better.
I am trying not to be sad about my birthday this year. I can't help but think about my 40th last year and all the hope and excitement of starting down the TTC road and thinking that we would have a baby by the time this birthday rolled around. Still, it has been a good year in lots of ways. Lovely husband proposed this year and we had a wonderful wedding. I left behind my awful stressful job and started a new career that I really love so there are lots of good things to come out of the last 12 months.
And today the americans have elected their first black president and a democrat after 8 long years so life can't be all bad.
I've been reading other TTC blogs this evening and it really is comforting to know others are going through exactly the same feelings as I am. I will regain my confidence and positive outlook again - the sads never last too long. Tomorrow is another day.
I was also feeling sad about spending my birthday without lovely husband on Monday but I've just spoken to him on the phone interstate and he says that he will in fact be here on Monday for my birthday, so that has made me feel a lot better.
I am trying not to be sad about my birthday this year. I can't help but think about my 40th last year and all the hope and excitement of starting down the TTC road and thinking that we would have a baby by the time this birthday rolled around. Still, it has been a good year in lots of ways. Lovely husband proposed this year and we had a wonderful wedding. I left behind my awful stressful job and started a new career that I really love so there are lots of good things to come out of the last 12 months.
And today the americans have elected their first black president and a democrat after 8 long years so life can't be all bad.
I've been reading other TTC blogs this evening and it really is comforting to know others are going through exactly the same feelings as I am. I will regain my confidence and positive outlook again - the sads never last too long. Tomorrow is another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment