That girl's ticker

baby growth

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pre-IVF #2 - life goes on

Today is Day 17 of the cycle before starting IVF #2. I realised today that I am spending hardly any time each day thinking about getting pregnant. That's not to say I'm not thinking about it at all - that would be impossible. Its just that it's not taking up half of my waking thoughts like it was a couple of weeks ago. I am feeling much more relaxed, a feeling that I just need to grab hold of and let it carry me through the next cycle.

No sign of ovulation yet. I've been using the OPKs since Friday but no sign of those two pink lines. Not surprising - I don't usually ovulate until around Day 18. The good thing is that it might not happen for another day or two, by which time lovely husband will be back from Melbourne and we can try to make a baby the old-fashioned way again.

Being really busy at work lately has also helped to take my mind off things. And my positive outlook on life has definitely returned. We are going to a wedding on the weekend and I will be able to have a glass of champagne or two, which I wouldn't have done if I had been pregnant. How's that for looking on the bright side?

On a sadder note - got a text from a friend last night to say her father had died. He was in hospital and very unwell so not surprising. But that makes three deaths-of-fathers-of-close-friends this month - a bit spooky and makes me think of the old superstition about things coming in three's. Lucky I'm not superstitious.

No comments: