Sunday, November 16, 2008
Pre-IVF #2 - waiting for ovulation
I'm on Day 20 of this cycle, and as far as I can tell, I still haven't ovulated yet. There's no telling what the IVF cycle might have done to my 'natural' cycle, so I'm not worrying about it at this stage. I've now gone through one pack of 7 OPKs and now onto a second pack.
I bought a digital 'Clearblue' OPK this time - nearly choked when the sales girl said it was $69. And that's just for 7 of them and the digital thingy isn't reusable. It seems that the only difference from the 'manual' ones is that it reads the intensity of the two lines automatically and gives you a smiley face if it is positive. I could probably just work it out for myself.
Anyway, no smiley faces for me yet, which is a shame since lovely husband is here at the moment so we are trying TTC the natural way. Hopefully I'll get a smiley face in the next few days.
We went to a wedding yesterday. It was just lovely - ceremony in an old military barracks on an island on Sydney harbour, then boat cruise around the harbour, then dinner. I just love weddings - everyone is happy, lots of new people to meet, good food and drink. I cried a bit - always do at weddings because they are just so lovely.
I had a second acupuncture session last week. I am really trying hard to believe in it but I'm afraid I just can't get into this whole 'ley lines' thing. It does make me really relaxed through, and for that alone, it is worth doing. Tomorrow I am starting yoga classes and I've ordered a relaxation CD recommended by the IVF councellor, so its all systems go to get into a totally 'zen' state ready for my next cycle.
I bought a digital 'Clearblue' OPK this time - nearly choked when the sales girl said it was $69. And that's just for 7 of them and the digital thingy isn't reusable. It seems that the only difference from the 'manual' ones is that it reads the intensity of the two lines automatically and gives you a smiley face if it is positive. I could probably just work it out for myself.
Anyway, no smiley faces for me yet, which is a shame since lovely husband is here at the moment so we are trying TTC the natural way. Hopefully I'll get a smiley face in the next few days.
We went to a wedding yesterday. It was just lovely - ceremony in an old military barracks on an island on Sydney harbour, then boat cruise around the harbour, then dinner. I just love weddings - everyone is happy, lots of new people to meet, good food and drink. I cried a bit - always do at weddings because they are just so lovely.
I had a second acupuncture session last week. I am really trying hard to believe in it but I'm afraid I just can't get into this whole 'ley lines' thing. It does make me really relaxed through, and for that alone, it is worth doing. Tomorrow I am starting yoga classes and I've ordered a relaxation CD recommended by the IVF councellor, so its all systems go to get into a totally 'zen' state ready for my next cycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment