That girl's ticker

baby growth

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Resting cycle almost over

Yesterday I started spotting so AF is not far away. I realised I wasn't pregnant this cycle on Friday when my temperature had been dropping for 2 days. Not to worry - I'm feeling positive about launching into IVF cycle #2.

I've just been re-reading my posts from the same time before IVF#1. I was far more stressed and frustrated about waiting for AF to show, and worrying about the timing of events.

This time around I am far less frustrated. AF will turn up in the next few days and then hopefully we will be underway. There is a chance we might not be able to go ahead with this stimulated cycle if my hormones are not behaving. I will know when I have my first blood test. If that happens, then we will just go ahead with a frozen cycle instead.

I am using the techniques the councellor taught me to keep a positive attitude. Every time I find myself dwelling on getting pregnant, I try to switch it off and think of something else. I can't completely block it out though, so any thoughts I do have, I'm making sure they are positive ones. I keep telling myself we will be parents and I am just hanging on to that conviction.

I will hopefully find out tomorrow whether the mole that was taken off my leg is benign or malignant. I am so certain that it is fine that I really haven't been thinking about it much at all. It was a bit of a mess on Thursday though - wouldn't stop bleeding. I get the stitches out on Thurs.

No comments: