Sunday, November 2, 2008
Pre-IVF #2 - still calm
The councelling from last week is really helping me get ready for IVF cycle #2. I am not allowing myself to indulge in negative thoughts about failure and it is really working. I feel far less stressed. Every time thoughts about infertility and IVF come into my head, I try to banish them pretty quickly. I am getting better and better at not dwelling on it, which is great.
I'm at about cycle Day 7. AF is still going but much more normal now. My temperature was still high on Friday at 36.63 deg C so I think there must still be a lot of progesterone washing around in my system. I'm just taking this cycle one day at a time to see how it progresses.
We went and saw my parents this weekend. It was nice to see them and I hadn't seen them at their home for quite a long time. I showed lovely husband around my home town, which was nice. There was no mention of children and fortunately I think they all know better than to ask. I think my mother particularly is prepared for my time to have run out. Hopefully it hasn't and we will succeed. I am feeling quite positive about our chances of success at the moment and I'm going to hang on to those feelings.
I got a text from my friend who is trying for baby #2 at age 40. She miscarried at 5 and a half weeks - her second one this year. It made me feel sad - it would have been good to get some good news from her. I guess some of these embryos from 40 year old eggs just can't go the distance.
Lovely husband is working interstate all week and won't be home until Thurs night - just in time for us to give this baby-making a try the old fashioned way.
I'm at about cycle Day 7. AF is still going but much more normal now. My temperature was still high on Friday at 36.63 deg C so I think there must still be a lot of progesterone washing around in my system. I'm just taking this cycle one day at a time to see how it progresses.
We went and saw my parents this weekend. It was nice to see them and I hadn't seen them at their home for quite a long time. I showed lovely husband around my home town, which was nice. There was no mention of children and fortunately I think they all know better than to ask. I think my mother particularly is prepared for my time to have run out. Hopefully it hasn't and we will succeed. I am feeling quite positive about our chances of success at the moment and I'm going to hang on to those feelings.
I got a text from my friend who is trying for baby #2 at age 40. She miscarried at 5 and a half weeks - her second one this year. It made me feel sad - it would have been good to get some good news from her. I guess some of these embryos from 40 year old eggs just can't go the distance.
Lovely husband is working interstate all week and won't be home until Thurs night - just in time for us to give this baby-making a try the old fashioned way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi! It's great to hear that one bad IVF cycle hasn't pushed you out of the game. I'm about to undergo a 4th IUI, after over a year of trying "au naturale" and celebrating my 40th birthday. We'll move on to IVF if our November IUI doesn't work. It's tough to remain positive, but we're far from alone. Best of luck, and I hope we both have great news soon!
Post a Comment