Monday, February 14, 2011
In the too hard basket
I feel like I'm 'in the too hard basket'. Another day has gone by, and still no contact from my doctor. I feel like I've been abandoned because my problems are too difficult to deal with.
I'm sure she hasn't completely abandoned me but it feels like it since I've had not even a phone call of reassurance from her. I'm assuming that she still hasn't spoken to her colleague so they can work out what to do with me next, but even so, is she too busy to even call me to talk things through?
I don't even know any more if I'm being unreasonable. I've been wondering if we should start looking for another doctor. I don't want to change at this stage but I do feel pretty neglected at a time that's really stressful for me. Calling again doesn't work. The gate-keeper receptionist just says she'll pass on the message and then I continue to hear nothing.
I want to know where we go from here. From my untrained point of view, it seems there are only two options. Either I have yet another hysteroscopy in another attempt to scrape out the remaining bits of placenta, or we go ahead with the embryo transfer and hope for the best.
The second option seems like a real risk but maybe there's something that can be done to block the immune response to make sure the rogue cells and tissues don't interfere with implantation. I just don't know.
What I do know is that when my doctor finally bothers to call me, I'm going to ask a lot more questions than I have so far. Like, just how much placental tissue is in there? Are there lots of small pieces, or a couple of large ones? Are they easy to see or really microscopic? And what does the pathology show? Is there lots of inflammation, or just a little bit? Is there anything that can be one about it, other than more surgery? How much does it matter to have these bits of placenta there anyway? Has this happened to anyone else and what was done about it?
But for now I'll just have to sit tight and wait until she calls and really, I've just got no idea when that might be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment