That girl's ticker

baby growth

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some action at last

Today I got a call from Dr D's receptionist to tell me she'd organised an ultrasound for me on Monday morning. Dr G wants to attend while it is done so that's the time he's apparently available.

I am feeling so positive again and thinking that we might actually resolve this horrible mess and the only reason is because we are taking the next step towards sorting things out.

If I had to put my finger on what causes the most stress with this IVF journey, it's the waiting for things to happen, which accounts for about 95% of the time. I just find it so stressful. Knowing I'm going to have an ultrasound on Monday is enough to make me feel a glimmer of hope again, even though it could reveal problems that we just can't solve.

I don't know what they will find on the ultrasound but my worst fears are that they will see a fragment of placenta that is buried or attached so deeply to the uterine wall and that will mean there's no chance of getting it out. On the other hand, maybe they will find almost nothing amiss, which will hopefully mean the placental tissue found on the biopsy is really minimal and will pass with time.

Either way, it will be good to have more information. And then we can decide if doing another stimulated cycle sooner rather than later is the way to go.

No comments: