Monday, September 21, 2009
31 week ultrasound - all good
I had an ultrasound this morning. Its been two weeks since the last one, and everything is looking good.
The best news is that my cervix hasn't got any shorter. It is measuring 14 mm and still closed, so that is very good news. The resting must be doing some good, I think. There is funnelling but it seems the cervix length is the most important thing.
The other good news is that E3 is also doing very well. His estimated weight is now 1.872 kg - in the 40th centile of growth. The growth has really slowed down since the last two ultrasounds, probably because the endless sugar tap has been turned down! The ultrasound people have my dates as two days ahead of where they should be, so the growth is probably right on 50th centile. And there is a +/- 15% error, so it is all fine.
E3 has his head down over the cervix but not actually engaged in the pelvis yet. It was really hard for the sonographer to see where the foetal vein in the membranes is, but finally she located it and it is still well away from the cervix.
The doppler analysis of the blood flowing through the cord is very good, so there is no issue with E3 getting a good supply of blood.
E3 was wriggling around lots while she was doing the scan. She also gave us some more 3D photos, which just look wonderful. E3 managed to yawn and put its little hand over its mouth - it was just so sweet. LH and I think that now the photographs look more like a little girl! But we really just have no idea. Its so wonderful to be looking forward to the surprise of whether we have a boy or a girl. We also think E3 looks like a very pretty baby, but I suspect we are very biased!!
Straight after the ultrasound, I went to see the locum obstetrician. He was really nice, and agreed with all of our plans so far for the birth (ie. caesarian section etc). He agreed that a C-section is best with the foetal vein in the membranes, but he said that now it has moved well away from the cervix, that we might want to go a bit beyond 37 weeks. I will discuss it with Dr I when he gets back. He was very pleased with everything and said he doesn't need to see me for another two weeks.
So all in all, a very good morning. Let's hope things will tick along the same way for the next few weeks. My youngest sister arrives from Melb this afternoon to look after me, so it will be nice to have some company again.
I am feeling more optimistic about things today and feeling like I really can get to at least 37 weeks.
The best news is that my cervix hasn't got any shorter. It is measuring 14 mm and still closed, so that is very good news. The resting must be doing some good, I think. There is funnelling but it seems the cervix length is the most important thing.
The other good news is that E3 is also doing very well. His estimated weight is now 1.872 kg - in the 40th centile of growth. The growth has really slowed down since the last two ultrasounds, probably because the endless sugar tap has been turned down! The ultrasound people have my dates as two days ahead of where they should be, so the growth is probably right on 50th centile. And there is a +/- 15% error, so it is all fine.
E3 has his head down over the cervix but not actually engaged in the pelvis yet. It was really hard for the sonographer to see where the foetal vein in the membranes is, but finally she located it and it is still well away from the cervix.
The doppler analysis of the blood flowing through the cord is very good, so there is no issue with E3 getting a good supply of blood.
E3 was wriggling around lots while she was doing the scan. She also gave us some more 3D photos, which just look wonderful. E3 managed to yawn and put its little hand over its mouth - it was just so sweet. LH and I think that now the photographs look more like a little girl! But we really just have no idea. Its so wonderful to be looking forward to the surprise of whether we have a boy or a girl. We also think E3 looks like a very pretty baby, but I suspect we are very biased!!
Straight after the ultrasound, I went to see the locum obstetrician. He was really nice, and agreed with all of our plans so far for the birth (ie. caesarian section etc). He agreed that a C-section is best with the foetal vein in the membranes, but he said that now it has moved well away from the cervix, that we might want to go a bit beyond 37 weeks. I will discuss it with Dr I when he gets back. He was very pleased with everything and said he doesn't need to see me for another two weeks.
So all in all, a very good morning. Let's hope things will tick along the same way for the next few weeks. My youngest sister arrives from Melb this afternoon to look after me, so it will be nice to have some company again.
I am feeling more optimistic about things today and feeling like I really can get to at least 37 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment