Monday, September 14, 2009
Nearly 31 weeks and doing very well
The obstetrician said I was doing very well today. He said every day and every week helps. It was a very routine visit. He felt my tummy and the fundus is 33 cm, so a bit ahead of dates. That's all good - means E3 is still growing well.
My blood pressure was particularly good - 90/70, so there is no sign of pre-eclampsia at the moment, which is great. I don't need any more complications with this pregnancy.
My white card record sheet still shows 5/5 for 'relation & P.P brim'. This is a record of how far down into the pelvis E3 is sitting. At the moment, it means all of him/her can be felt above the brim. If E3 was completely engaged, it would show 0/5. That's good for now. I don't want the wee one shifting down into my pelvis and trying to get out just yet.
I am to have another ultrasound on Monday to see how things are looking, assuming I get that far. But I am feeling quite confident at the moment, and hopeful that all the couch potatoing is having a good effect at keeping E3 in there.
I've also been doing kick counts each day to make sure E3 is moving plenty. There seems to be different ways of measuring this. The nurse at the hospital said just wait until you feel at least 10 kicks. But some websites and books say record how long it takes to feel 10 movements, which should be no longer than 1 or 2 hours, depending on the source.
E3 usually moves 10 times in about 20 mins but sometimes he can move that many times in 5 or 10 mins, depending on whether I catch him awake or not. In any case, I think he is probably fine at the moment.
Dr I gave me the last ultrasound report today. It looks as though there is less funnelling than there was last time, and they haven't mentioned funnelling in the report. I will ask the dr on Monday if the funnelling is still there.
He has also now gone away for 3 and a half weeks on holiday. I will be seeing a locum doctor in the meantime. I am really hoping E3 will still be inside me by the time he gets back from holidays. By that stage, it will be 34 weeks, and much less worrying.
Mentally, I am going fine. The weekends are much easier to get through because LH is here and we have friends over etc. But its more lonely now in the week but I'm finding enough to keep me occupied so far. I've been working on my tax return again today and that can easily use up hours and hours of time.
My blood pressure was particularly good - 90/70, so there is no sign of pre-eclampsia at the moment, which is great. I don't need any more complications with this pregnancy.
My white card record sheet still shows 5/5 for 'relation & P.P brim'. This is a record of how far down into the pelvis E3 is sitting. At the moment, it means all of him/her can be felt above the brim. If E3 was completely engaged, it would show 0/5. That's good for now. I don't want the wee one shifting down into my pelvis and trying to get out just yet.
I am to have another ultrasound on Monday to see how things are looking, assuming I get that far. But I am feeling quite confident at the moment, and hopeful that all the couch potatoing is having a good effect at keeping E3 in there.
I've also been doing kick counts each day to make sure E3 is moving plenty. There seems to be different ways of measuring this. The nurse at the hospital said just wait until you feel at least 10 kicks. But some websites and books say record how long it takes to feel 10 movements, which should be no longer than 1 or 2 hours, depending on the source.
E3 usually moves 10 times in about 20 mins but sometimes he can move that many times in 5 or 10 mins, depending on whether I catch him awake or not. In any case, I think he is probably fine at the moment.
Dr I gave me the last ultrasound report today. It looks as though there is less funnelling than there was last time, and they haven't mentioned funnelling in the report. I will ask the dr on Monday if the funnelling is still there.
He has also now gone away for 3 and a half weeks on holiday. I will be seeing a locum doctor in the meantime. I am really hoping E3 will still be inside me by the time he gets back from holidays. By that stage, it will be 34 weeks, and much less worrying.
Mentally, I am going fine. The weekends are much easier to get through because LH is here and we have friends over etc. But its more lonely now in the week but I'm finding enough to keep me occupied so far. I've been working on my tax return again today and that can easily use up hours and hours of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment