Wednesday, September 30, 2009
33 weeks...and I'm bored
Today, I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Its so good to reach this milestone because it didn't look very likely 6 weeks ago when my short cervix was diagnosed. Its just so much less scary now than it was then.
E3 would be in a good position to cope well in the outside world if she came now (for the last few weeks I've started to think E3 might be a 'she' and not a 'he' :-). We've also reached the point where the private hospital I've booked into to give birth will accept us now. They have a special care nursery but not a NICU so don't take women at less than 33 weeks. On the weekend, LH and I will do a test run to the new hospital. Its further away than the local public hospital, but still not very far.
I am really starting to struggle with the imposed isolation of the bed rest. This week has been particularly hard, as I knew it would be. I've got no doctor's appointments so no excuse to get out of the house. LH is also working very hard on the last week of his client case, and has not been around at all. He came home last night at 1.30am. We had a chat in bed this morning at 6.30am but that's really the only contact we have had.
I've still got plenty of books to read and DVDs to watch but the attraction is starting to pale. I've asked a friend to come over today to give me a massage so that I will get some contact with the outside world. The difficulty is that everyone we know in Sydney works full time. We don't have any family around and no friends (bar one recently) who have children and are stay at home Mums.
It will all get a bit easier when E3 comes along and I can meet other mothers. That should be a great way to meet new people and feel like I have a life again. Also, just the thought of going for a nice walk in the park is so appealing, and something that I would normally take for granted.
I am trying to keep a positive frame of mind for E3's sake and am reminding myself of how things could be so much worse. I guess this past year of TTC, IVF and high risk pregnancy problems will just make me stronger. I do hope it doesn't tip me into post-natal depression, but I will be very wary of that happening and will do all I can to stay on top of things.
My next milestone is the next appointment with the obstetrician and endocrinologist, which are both on the same day, next Wednesday, which is also 34 weeks.
E3 would be in a good position to cope well in the outside world if she came now (for the last few weeks I've started to think E3 might be a 'she' and not a 'he' :-). We've also reached the point where the private hospital I've booked into to give birth will accept us now. They have a special care nursery but not a NICU so don't take women at less than 33 weeks. On the weekend, LH and I will do a test run to the new hospital. Its further away than the local public hospital, but still not very far.
I am really starting to struggle with the imposed isolation of the bed rest. This week has been particularly hard, as I knew it would be. I've got no doctor's appointments so no excuse to get out of the house. LH is also working very hard on the last week of his client case, and has not been around at all. He came home last night at 1.30am. We had a chat in bed this morning at 6.30am but that's really the only contact we have had.
I've still got plenty of books to read and DVDs to watch but the attraction is starting to pale. I've asked a friend to come over today to give me a massage so that I will get some contact with the outside world. The difficulty is that everyone we know in Sydney works full time. We don't have any family around and no friends (bar one recently) who have children and are stay at home Mums.
It will all get a bit easier when E3 comes along and I can meet other mothers. That should be a great way to meet new people and feel like I have a life again. Also, just the thought of going for a nice walk in the park is so appealing, and something that I would normally take for granted.
I am trying to keep a positive frame of mind for E3's sake and am reminding myself of how things could be so much worse. I guess this past year of TTC, IVF and high risk pregnancy problems will just make me stronger. I do hope it doesn't tip me into post-natal depression, but I will be very wary of that happening and will do all I can to stay on top of things.
My next milestone is the next appointment with the obstetrician and endocrinologist, which are both on the same day, next Wednesday, which is also 34 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment