That girl's ticker

baby growth

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A very large bump

Well, it certainly feels very large now. Lovely husband said he thinks the bump has grown quite a bit in the last week or so. It's now pressing up against my ribs and breasts and sitting is kind of uncomfortable unless I lean backwards. It makes me wonder how large it would be if I got to 40 weeks (which is very unlikely).

I am having an afternoon nap every day now and feel like I need it. The heartburn is still around and I'm taking Losec tablets when it gets really bad. I think the 6 small meals a day is helping control it though.

As for other symptoms, one I've been spared is the back pain. I was starting to get it when I was still working but since I've been lounging around on the couch all day, I don't have any at all. This is great because back pain is no joke.

I've still got constipation and haemorrhoids though, so haven't completely missed out on the joys of pregnancy. The other pregnancy symptoms I've been spared are:

- No skin problems (it looks fantastic actually)
- No leaky breasts (yet!)
- No stretch marks (ditto)
- No swelling
- No varicose veins

So I count myself quite lucky on the symptoms front. It could be a lot worse.

Next milestone is Monday's ultrasound when we will see how E3 is faring and also how my cervix is holding up.

No comments: