That girl's ticker

baby growth

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being realistic

Today I'm feeling that there's just no chance this cycle will result in a pregnancy. There's just so much working against it:

- Embryo growing slowly so it was only at the early blastocyst stage
- My age and the very low chance of success with every transfer (around 5%)
- Doubts about whether my endometrial lining was actually thick enough

I feel now more than ever that we are nearing the end of this IVF journey and getting ready to stop for good. Yesterday Dr D talked about a new drug - DHEA, that can help improve the quality of eggs and embryos. Rather than feeling excited about something new to try, my first thought was that I just don't want to go down that road and give ourselves false hope. I think if I'm feeling this instinctively, then its time to stop.

But I will get the papers from her and have a look. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few weeks. I feel like we are just going through the motions with IVF at the moment, and don't have any genuine belief that we'll succeed. Its not a bad thing, and I don't feel worried about it, just being realistic. But maybe its time to move on with life and start planning new things, instead of being in this constant limbo.

2 comments:

Feliz4life said...

I can't say I know how you feel...I don't. I just am now entertaining thoughts of fertility pills and that is overwhelming. But I do what to say stick with it. Sometimes our journeys are tiring but if this is what you want and believe in then keep going. But if you can say at peace 100% "I don't want a child anymore" then stop. Either way my prayers and heart is with you

akronhealthcare said...

Thanx for the nice post